After workers slapped an out-of-order sign on the locked door, a shopper lay dead in a supermarket restroom for 3 days.
According to authorities in Oklahoma, she was seen entering the business and using the family restroom at about 6 p.m. on Friday.
Capt. Todd Enzbrenner said employees concluded that because the door was locked, something in the bathroom needed to be fixed, so they posted an out-of-order sign on the door.
Katherine Caraway was discovered dead on the floor by a maintenance worker shortly after 3 p.m. on Monday, more than 69 hours after she entered.
Katherine, originally from Texas, lived in the city of Muskogee.
Police say they don’t know why she was at the Walmart in Sand Springs, Oklahoma, more than 50 miles away, where she died. She appeared to have no ties to the area.
Capt Enzbrenner said there were no obvious signs of foul play.
He said: “There was nothing suspicious that indicated her cause of death at the scene. So the medical examiner will have to determine it.”
Katherine’s family traveled from Texas to identify the body.
According to Tulsa World:
An autopsy report shows Katherine Caraway died of cardiac arrhythmia as a result of difluoroethane toxicity.
Difluoroethane is used as a propellant in aerosol sprays or gas duster products.
Officials found empty cans of air duster in Caraway’s car at the scene, according to a report from the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner. Her manner of death was ruled an accident.
Walmart then issued a statement:
“We are saddened by this.”
“We don’t know all the facts right now, but we are working closely with local law enforcement to provide what information we have that might be useful.”
Watch it here: Youtube/Inside Edition