Culture

This Homeless Man Found $17,000 Outside A Food Bank. What He Did Is Positively Wonderful!

Homeless people have this stereotype around them that they are all a group of bums that don’t want to work, alcoholics or drug addicts.

While there are people that fir those three distinctions in every walk of life that one can think of there’s also one type of homeless person that people don’t talk nearly often enough about; the person that’s down on their luck that just wants to try and do good.

Now, there are people that when they do something that could be considered a good deed they want a ticker tape parade for doing something that any decent person would do. There are also the people that just want nothing more than they were going to get anyway had they not done that good deed.

That’s the thing about doing something good and not expecting anything in return is that nature has a funny way of returning that kindness back to you .

From Breitbart:

A homeless man is being hailed for his honesty after he discovered a bag containing $17,000 outside of a Washington state food bank and gave it to the staff instead of pocketing the money.

The man, Kevin Booth, found a bag sitting outside Sumner Food Bank in Sumner, Washington. Curious about what was inside, he opened the bag and found stacks of money totaling $17,000.

“At first, I was like, what the heck is that lying on the ground?” Booth, 32, told the News Tribune Friday as he recalled the moment he found the money over the summer.

.mcclatchy-embed{position:relative;padding:40px 0 56.25%;height:0;overflow:hidden;max-width:100%}.mcclatchy-embed iframe{position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%}

Once Booth inspected the money to see if it was real, he waited outside the food bank until it opened that morning, handing over the cash-filled bag to one of the volunteers opening the doors.

“He said, ‘This is for you, somebody left it on your doorstep,’” Anita Miller, director of the Sumner Food Bank, told the Washington Post.

The volunteer who received the money quickly realized something was not right when she opened the bag, placing a phone call to the local police.

Authorities kept the money in their possession for 90 days in case someone claimed it. When nobody claimed the money within the 90-day period, the police returned the money to the food bank.

The police department held a ceremony where they presented the check to the food bank and honored Booth with a citizen’s certificate. The food bank also gave Booth gift cards to his favorite store, Fred Meyer, to thank him for his generous efforts.

1. Andy

February 17, 2019 at 10:56 pm

Seems those involved could have done a little more then give him a citizens certificate & gift cards. Maybe find him a modest place to live & a job until he got on his feet. With his honesty sure he would make a good employee! Illegal immigrants are given a hell of a lot more then that!

2. 918kiss kredit free

March 3, 2019 at 3:04 pm

This can result to enormous traffic and good page ranking.

When you comment, share some good insights or give your opinion more than a blog writing.
    It’s not really that easy to generate traffic to your personal website. http://www.afspraakjes.nl/clickout/?url=https://gotrago.eu.org/

3. 918kiss kredit free

March 3, 2019 at 3:05 pm

This can result to enormous traffic and good page ranking.

4. mobile slot car track hire

March 3, 2019 at 6:19 pm

After going through this step you must gain insight on all the sides of this subject.
    Most of this is often stays the whole time had
    been waiting. The task should not deemed a daunting single. http://hearthealthsource.org/__media__/js/netsoltrademark.php?d=win88.today%2Face333%2F

5. mobile slot car track hire

March 3, 2019 at 6:19 pm

Most of this is often stays the whole time had been waiting.

6. vêtement femme pas cher en ligne

March 8, 2019 at 8:37 am

Rendez-vous à la boutique Outlet Démarque. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H3VGKIbGXE

7. hooktronic csgo

March 14, 2019 at 3:47 pm

Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for inexperienced blog writers? I’d really appreciate it.

8. hidden pubg hacks

March 15, 2019 at 5:57 am

wonderful issues altogether, you simply won a new reader. What could you suggest about your submit that you just made some days ago? Any positive?

9. fortnite for pc

March 15, 2019 at 11:44 am

Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog. Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast. I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to begin. Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Many thanks

10. wwe supercard cheats

March 15, 2019 at 4:01 pm

It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. I’m satisfied that you just shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

11. assassin's creed origins uplay key free

March 15, 2019 at 4:48 pm

I conceive you have mentioned some very interesting details , appreciate it for the post.

12. hackmobilepubg.com

March 21, 2019 at 8:54 am

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics? Thanks a lot!