In The News

CNN TUCKING TAIL: Air Force Gives Ruling About The Troops Getting Signed MAGA Hats

There’s nothing wrong whatsoever with wanting to meet someone even though you might not agree with them on absolutely everything.

That’s one of the problems that so many people seem to have stuck in their side these days is if they do not agree with someone on absolutely everything than they want to stick their fingers in their ears and not hear the other person.

Either that or they make an issue out of something without knowing the full scope of what they are really talking about. For example, there are many entertainers that perform at USO events all throughout the year and all through the world.

Sometimes, they make appearances out of nowhere even while people are not deployed as a way of saying hello.

Once, I had the chance of meeting former MLB star Bo Jackson when he made an appearance to the duty station I was at. I had him sign a flash shield that was part of my firefighting gear. Now, I couldn’t ever use that flash shield again and had to get another one. Does that mean I got in trouble for getting it signed? No.

When the military meet someone as high up as the President, whoever the office holder may be at a given time, they are effectively meeting their boss. Imagine if you were working somewhere and the CEO of the company made a surprise visit to your facility.

If that person walked up to you and started talking to you and at the end of the conversation gave you something as a way of saying thanks, I don’t think any sane person would say no to that. Or, if you worked for a company and had something for that person to sign you probably wouldn’t balk at meeting them either.

Via Daily Wire:

U.S. Air Forces Europe (USAFE), responding to social media and TV reports that claimed troops who brought “Make America Great Again” hats for President Trump to sign were doing something wrong, issued a blunt statement on Thursday: “There is no rule against Airmen bringing personal items to be signed by the president,” adding, “Any time the commander in chief offers the opportunity to meet with Airmen, such as this official holiday visit by the President and First Lady, Airmen are welcome to participate. No policy violations have been brought to our attention at this time.”

As Military.com reported, “USAFE said troops held the hats for signing, but did not wear them while in uniform.”

On Wednesday, Trump visited hundreds of U.S. troops in Al Asad Air Base in Iraq and Ramstein Air Base in Germany, some of whom brought “Make America Great Again” hats, and one Air Force captain who carried a Trump banner.

Some people connected to the military had criticized the troops; retired Army Lt. Gen. Mark Hertling tweeted, “There are myriad reasons for both a Department of Defense and an Army Regulation against military personnel participating in or showing allegiance to ANY political party while in uniform. Good commanders enforce; good NCOs jerk a knot in the (expletive) of those who violate.”

Pam Keith, a former Navy judge advocate general who ran for Congress as a Democrat, echoed on Twitter, “As a former Navy JAG, I can tell you that engaging in partisan political activity such as flying a Trump flag or wearing a MAGA hat, while in uniform is a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and its implementing regs.”

They were countered by Patrick J. Hughes, a former active duty Air Force JAG, who stated, “I think it remains debatable and no certainty that any laws or regulations were violated here, and I think at most some informal counseling on the above perception issue is warranted. … The purpose of the event was to greet the Airmen while his plane refueled. This is why I believe the question as to whether these airmen have done anything prohibited by law or regulation is less certain.”

1. Peter Gaskin

December 29, 2018 at 10:32 am

It is only a issue one because it is Trump and two he is republican and three Republican Party has always supported the military unlike democrats especially the last democrat president Obama did everything he could to weaken them and spend the money on illegal immigrants and help his Muslim friends build new Mosques where they meet and plan how to kill Americans and their allies

2. Dennis Paul

December 29, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Peter, you pretty much nailed it. Thank You.

3. Mary

December 29, 2018 at 4:23 pm

If it had been Obama or Hillary, you would never have heard a thing about it and the “former Democrat advocate” would have never said a thing against it, and say she can’t find a problem with it. All in the “name”.

• Deplorable Lanie

December 29, 2018 at 8:12 pm

Actually Mary, not to contradict you, but if it had been Obama or Hillary, the media would have fawned all over them. Tripping on themselves to be the one who said the nicest thing about them. It would have been gross and disgusting to watch.

• Kathryn

January 1, 2019 at 7:59 am

Actually, Obama DID sign photos of himself and some of the military brought items to sign. Of course, it was touted as a wonderful act of kindness from POTUS. Funny how now it’s a horrible breach of protocol.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – if Donald J Trump offered these ‘reporters’ a million dollars each, they would b*tch because it wasn’t two million. Disgusting.

4. KenJack

December 29, 2018 at 6:36 pm

Has everyone forgotten that President Trump is their Commander-in-Chief? He can visit them anytime he wants to, give gifts, sign hats, shake hands and whatever else is appropriate to show his support for the troops – and they for him. More power to you President Trump, and CNN can shove their nasty opinions where the sun don’t shine.

5. J.C

December 29, 2018 at 6:38 pm

If you watch and believe these fools (Journalist) who pretend to know what their talking about this should enlighten you to their false reporting.

6. Helen Atkinson

December 29, 2018 at 7:26 pm

Thank You, President Trump for being the Man You are, and for loving Us and Our Country above all else; also this goes to Your beautiful Wife and Family; I’m glad we have a Commander-in-Chief who doesn’t bow to anyone!

7. william couch

December 29, 2018 at 7:53 pm

That jag doesn’t have a “F” clue what she’s talking about.. I was in the service and learned the UCMJ and there’s no reg about this ….. Maybe art 134 might come into play here but not on a summary court martial or Captains mast.. I was with COM 5.. (Commander 5th naval District)

8. Felicia Schnittker

December 29, 2018 at 8:04 pm

In the movie A Few Good Men during the trial scene a recruit was being question on who was wearing the officer’s uniformed, and he kept
    on replying I don’t see who is wearing the uniform, but only that it is an officer. Army Lt.Gen Mark Hertly Sir, those service men in Iraq only saw that it was the President of the United States who is also their, AND YOUR COMMANDER IN CHIEF. ATTENTION!

9. Deplorable Lanie

December 29, 2018 at 8:06 pm

As I have said before, President Trump could cure cancer and they would criticize him for taking work away from doctors and other medical professionals! It is absolutely ridiculous that they find fault in everything that the President does. And not because there is reason to find fault but because he had the audacity to win over their anointed leader, Hillary. It is pure jealousy that fuels the hate fire in their minds. And once again they didn’t criticize Obama for signing things for troops.

• Kathryn

January 1, 2019 at 8:02 am

Lanie, I’ve decided we’re sisters with different mothers! I have said almost the same thing (same idea anyway) in answer to a post above before I saw yours! WELL DONE!!!

10. EMMITT OSTEEN

December 29, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Why doesn’t Clinton Nonsense News investigate something before they stick their mouth. There nothing wrong with the troops wanting to shake hands or get the president’so to sign a hat or a peice of paper. Clinton Nonsense News should close their doors.

11. Robert Rouillard

December 31, 2018 at 9:39 pm

“Department of Defense and an Army Regulation against military personnel participating in or showing allegiance to ANY political party while in uniform”. Well most all military personnel will vote Republican. So if any GI should have anything signed by former President Obama should they not keep it in support of his administration when he was in office? Lets allow our men and women in uniform get some enjoyment out of life. For to them this was a great event. Remember Bob Hope?

12. bonboyl

January 7, 2019 at 1:51 pm

How insane. Disgusting!

13. fawns

February 5, 2019 at 1:48 am

Aѡesome blog you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of any user discussion forums thɑt cover the same topics talked abοut here?
    I’d really like to be a part of community where I
    can get opinions from other knowledgeable peoрle that
    share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Βⅼess you!

14. etimetracklite crack

March 14, 2019 at 1:56 pm

I’m curious to find out what blog system you happen to be working with? I’m having some small security problems with my latest blog and I would like to find something more safeguarded. Do you have any solutions?

15. pubg lite online download

March 15, 2019 at 5:00 am

I like the valuable information you provide to your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check once more here frequently. I’m relatively certain I will be told many new stuff proper right here! Best of luck for the next!

16. how to install fortnite on pc

March 15, 2019 at 10:48 am

Hi there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thanks a lot!

17. ninja kingdom cheats

March 15, 2019 at 10:54 am

Thanks for this website. I definitely agree with what you are saying.

18. h1z1 hacks

March 15, 2019 at 3:04 pm

There is visibly a bundle to realize about this. I believe you made some nice points in features also.

19. mcent unlimited points

March 20, 2019 at 6:54 am

Can I just say what a aid to find someone who really knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You undoubtedly know how to carry an issue to light and make it important. Extra individuals have to read this and understand this facet of the story. I cant imagine youre not more well-liked because you definitely have the gift.

20. hackmobilepubg.com

March 21, 2019 at 3:04 am

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will always bookmark your blog and definitely will come back down the road. I want to encourage you to definitely continue your great job, have a nice day!