Crime

Women Forget Cameras Are Rolling During This Vile Act, Cops Make Them Pay [VIDEO]

Two women caught on surveillance camera stealing something from a grave.

Residents noticed that flowers, vases, and other mementos kept on disappearing from grave sites at Grove Street Cemetery in New London, Ohio.

The victims refused to be identified and one of the victims said, “This cemetery is very dear to my heart. My parents are here; my grandparents are here; my great grandparents are here. I’m going to be here,” said one of the victims who asked not to be identified.

The victims set up a new surveillance camera to identify who the culprit is.

The price of the missing items may just in a relatively small amount, but the sentimental value cannot be measured.

“I gave that flower pot to my father for Father’s Day in 1977. It has no price that they can give me to replace that pot,” she said.

Police Chief Mike Marko said: “Somebody buries their loved one and they go out to the cemetery and they put something down and they expect it to be there, and when somebody removes that theft, it’s personal”.

The surveillance video captured a car who pulled in. When the doors opened, two women got out and began picking up items from graves, some items were even covered by bricks to avoid being removed, and they put those in the car.

“I couldn’t believe it; they just leisurely shopped through our cemetery taking what they wanted,” said the victim.

Through the help of the surveillance camera, the suspects were identified as Evelyne Cantu, 61, and Donna Riley, 63, both of nearby Sullivan Township.

They say that Riley is the elected fiscal officer in the township.

“It’s a position of trust, no different than being a police officer, we are held to a higher standard and when something like this happens we are going to pay the price for it,” said Marko.

Both were charged with misdemeanor theft charges. They both pleaded not guilty. However, the stolen items were not returned.

Sources: Facebook/The Shred NationAWM Video Credit: Fox 8 News

1. El

December 10, 2018 at 10:54 pm

This happens everywhere. I wish they’d start shooting people that do this. It’s beyond belief that they rob graves.

2. SouthernPatriot

December 11, 2018 at 2:15 am

This is so very sad. We have many smaller rural graves in our area. This was an ongoing problem until several current relatives of those interned took it upon themselves to provide surveillance and protection with their shotguns and 30-30s. One confrontation ended the desecration and thievery.

3. CaptTurbo

December 11, 2018 at 2:20 am

Damn, that is as low as a democrat.

• Jimmy Joe Meeker

December 11, 2018 at 6:29 pm

Nothing crawls this earth that is lower than a “slime-a-crat”….the vilest “THING” Satan ever created….the very sight of a slime-a-crat would make a starving vulture crawl off a dead cow carcass….TO PUKE !!!

4. Allen

December 11, 2018 at 3:11 am

Very simple. If they still want to plead not guilty, after showing them the video. Then the penalty when convicted is now 5 Times what it would have been. Saves time and money for the citizens.

• Gary L Johnson

December 12, 2018 at 4:10 pm

Boy I do like that process you suggest. New innovative and most certainly would make any thief plead out quicker, saving everyone time, money and further headache! Thanks for the idea!

5. Robert Rouillard

December 11, 2018 at 4:44 am

I had two items stolen from a friends grave site and at the time I knew that these two items that held an american flag would be taken. They were stolen within a week as I believe it would so should have gone with my instinct. Besides the person buried there as no idea what I did in remembrance of him. Let the marker tell it all and place a bunch of flowers without a container on the grave. And if someone steals the flowers, that’s OK.

6. r s

December 11, 2018 at 2:57 pm

They are caught on video – and plead ‘not guilty’?
    I think if anyone is guilty beyond any reasonable doubt and they pleaded ‘not guilty’ they should automatically get the maximum penalty in both time and fines, with no reductions at all. Obviously they have a lesson to learn yet.

7. tom

December 13, 2018 at 4:29 pm

It is not okay if anyone steals anything from anyone.