Culture

ALERT: USDA Just RECALLED 6 Million Pounds Of Meat…THIS Is What You Need To Know

Recalls for food happen more often than we think.

Recently, a farm in Alabama was forced to destroy thousand of containers of eggs following a salmonella outbreak that was detected in their supply. Speaking of experience, food poisoning is no joke.

However, they aren’t the only food production location in the United States that is facing dealing with a massive recall. Separately, the CDC and the USDA have released two different meat recalls for listeria and salmonella.

This particular recall isn’t something to bat an eye at and then walk away, the grocery stores carrying these products have been ordered to removed millions of pounds worth of meat from shelves.

This outbreaks has already resulted in one death and has sicked nearly sixty people with salmonella poisoning.

Via AWM:

Officials have specifically instructed companies to recall 6.5 million pounds of beef from Arizona, and 89,000 pounds of the Carolina ham.

The ham infections all occurred more than two months ago, but officials say that their investigation is ongoing. They are urging consumers to be wary of all prepackaged deli products for the near future.

Listeria is no joke. It causes listeriosis, which causes the infected to suffer from diarrhea and intense fever. In the worst cases, it can eventually result in death.

The infected meat is sold under several different brand names, so you might want to write these down. They include Johnston County Hams Inc. Country Style Fully Cooked Boneless Deli Ham, Goodnight Brothers Country Ham Boneless Fully Cooked, and Padow’s Hams & Deli, Inc. Fully Cooked Country Ham Boneless Glazed with Brown Sugar.

The listeria-infected ham is just one side of this dangerous equation. The beef products from Arizona are infected with salmonella, which also leads to similar symptoms. People have become infected in 16 states so far, and officials hope that the recalls will prevent that number from growing even higher.

The beef is also sold under several brand names. These include Walmart, Cedar River Farms Natural Beef, Showcase, Showcase/Walmart, and JBS Generic. Keep an eye on your meat and make sure that none of these contaminated brands are in your fridge or freezer.

Each contaminated package lists the USDA inspection number as EST.267. Double check all of your products if you want to keep yourself and your family safe from infection.

The severe issues arise when diarrhea is uncontrolled for several days. The contaminated person can become dehydrated and at that point may need hospitalization to recover.

1. EttaMae Svider

December 12, 2018 at 3:37 am

Happy I don’t eat meat but my husband does. So I will be on the look out for any of these listed.

• LUTETIA VOLLINTINE

December 15, 2018 at 1:22 am

ETTAMAE SVIDER YOU SHOULD EAT MEAT IT’S GOT PROTEIN IN IT AND IT’S GOOD FOR PEOPLE YOU IDIOTIC WOMAN

2. EttaMae Svider

December 12, 2018 at 3:49 am

Well, my first comment was removed or never seen. GRRRRRR

3. Bad Penguin

December 13, 2018 at 10:40 am

Why is it that European egg suppliers dont have a problem with salmonella? Maybe for the beef industry they have to many illegals working in the slaughter houses and packing plants. Cleanliness is obviously a problem.

4. free gg hack

March 14, 2019 at 2:26 pm

I simply wanted to construct a brief word so as to appreciate you for all of the marvelous tips you are sharing here. My extended internet lookup has finally been recognized with incredibly good suggestions to talk about with my great friends. I would tell you that many of us site visitors are definitely endowed to exist in a superb website with many wonderful individuals with very beneficial suggestions. I feel extremely privileged to have come across your entire site and look forward to many more enjoyable minutes reading here. Thanks again for everything.

5. recuva pro latest version download

March 15, 2019 at 5:17 am

Do you have a spam issue on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wondering your situation; we have created some nice methods and we are looking to exchange strategies with other folks, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

6. fortnite windows 10 download

March 15, 2019 at 11:04 am

Normally I don’t learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very pressured me to check out and do it! Your writing taste has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post.

7. cheat engine

March 15, 2019 at 12:29 pm

This does interest me

8. cool math games

March 15, 2019 at 3:20 pm

Thank you for another magnificent post. Where else could anybody get that type of information in such a perfect way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such info.