Woman Stabs Husband Inside Hospital Room Then Claimed It Was Suicide [VIDEO]

Anita Nicole Jones, 30 year old, has reportedly been charged with murder in the fatal stabbing of her husband while their son was receiving treatment at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

According to investigations, Anita Nicole Jones came out of Room No. 47 in the intensive care unit at Johns Hopkins Hospital on Friday afternoon, she had blood on one of her hands and was “yelling that her husband cut himself.”

The local police officers arrived to investigate the scene for a suicide call.

As the court records show,  after the room “was searched multiple times and no weapons or sharp edged objects were located,” investigators on the case realized what had occurred within the hospital was actually a homicide — and that Jones, 30, who had already left the scene, was likely responsible as the hospital room’s windows don’t open, so nothing could have been tossed out.

They went on with the investigation and detectives interviewed hospital staff, who said that, at the time of the incident, no one was in the room with the victim, 33-year-old Christopher Yancey Sr., except Jones.

The local police said the couple were at the hospital because their 14-year-old son was receiving medical care.

A hospital personnel told authorities that, when Jones had come out of the room, she said that she and Yancey had a “verbal dispute” and that he had cut himself, but also that she hadn’t seen him do it, Det. Richard Moore wrote in a statement of charges that was filed in court.

The detectives then charged Jones with first- and second-degree murder, first- and second-degree assault and use of a dangerous weapon with the intent to injure in Yancey’s fatal stabbing.

“Based on the witnesses’ statements, the absence of an edged weapon inside the hospital room, and the evidence located at the scene, it is apparent that Ms. Anita Jones stabbed and killed the victim,” Moore wrote.

Jones, who was being held without bail on Monday, could not be reached for comment. The public defender’s office, listed as representing Jones in court records, also declined to comment.

Johns Hopkins has described the stabbing as an “isolated incident.”

“This was an isolated incident and at no time were patients, staff or other visitors in danger,” Kim Hoppe, a hospital spokeswoman, said in a statement. “We would like to extend our deepest sympathies to the family of the deceased.”

Source: The Washington Post, FOX News

To Top