Man Charged In Connection With Death Of 11-Week-Old Girl Gets Light Sentence

Parents should protect their children. They should be guiding them and teach them how to share love with others; however, there are parents who put their children’s life in vain instead. Just like the young father in North Carolina who allegedly murdered his 11-week-old daughter. Now, he’s is being held without bail.

Shamus Patrick King has been charged on Thursday for allegedly killing his 11-week-old daughter but will not face the death penalty.

Randolph County District Attorney Andrew Gregson says a Rule 24 hearing was held Tuesday. Gregson announced the state did not have enough evidence of aggravating circumstances under the statue, so the case turns into a first-degree non-capital case.

The 23-year-old was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in late September.

Police reports say medical personnel at Wake Forest Baptist Health contacted them after the baby named Harper was admitted last weekend with injuries consistent with possible child abuse. The child was admitted in critical condition.

On September 27 Archdale police confirmed that the child had died.

The mother of the infant says her daughter, Harper Erin King, was in her father’s care before she was rushed to the hospital.

“He went to the neighbors and the neighbors say that she was lifeless when she got there. When he knocked on the door, she was pretty much dead and that they had to give her CPR and she was gasping for air,” the mother told news outlet.

She says that neighbors then immediately called 911. Claiming that the father might shake her daughter that caused her death.

Investigators believe the baby died following abuse from her father.

King is being held in the Randolph County Detention Facility without bond. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.
Further details haven’t been released.

According to WXII News, On Wednesday, Harper Erin’s grandfather said the family is heartbroken but grateful that Harper Erin’s legacy will live on.

“Kids her age and her size, only 1 percent of them can donate organs,” said Brian Van Kirk, Harper Erin’s grandfather. “She’s in that 1 percent.”

Harper Erin’s mother and family created A GoFundMe to help with funeral and medical expenses.

According to the page’s story, Harper Erin was rushed to the hospital where doctors found brain bleeding. After activity tests, Harper Erin was declared brain dead. Harper Erin’s mother has decided to donate her organs, according to a GoFundMe campaign.

“Her death was not in vain. She will be a hero to as many children as she can help.”

Article Sources: Crime Watch Daily, WXII 12, News and Record, Crime Watch Daily/Facebook Photo Credit: WXII 12, Imgsta

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top