We have all done things in our lives that if we were able to talk to our younger selves the first thing we would try to do is talk ourselves out of doing something due to the potential for severe injury involved.
Case in point, I am of the generation where it would not be all that uncommon to see a Primestar dish either in someone’s yard or an old one in a trash heap of some kind. So, what do young people with no cell phone and no way of contacting emergency services do when they see something potentially dangerous?
Why, they take an old Primestar dish that they found at an illegal dumping facility and appropriate it for their own purposes.
What we happened to do and I do not recommend doing this in anyway at all is we found an isolated dirt road fire trail, tied one end of a water skiing rope to the trailer hitch of a friend’s van and sat the dish on the ground like a saucer sled.
Then, we would sit people on the sled and ride the vehicle at around 15 miles per hour and see how long it took for someone to stay on much like a bull ride in a rodeo.
Yeah, it wasn’t the smartest idea in the world and our parents definitely looked at us kind of weird when we came back into ask where the bandages and rubbing alcohol were but we didn’t do some things as ridiculous as some folks out there.
It seems that nowadays people see something online that about kills someone and thinks to themselves, how can I out stupid that person?
1. I don’t see this ending well.
2. The part that makes me nervous is that they know the window is strong enough to hold them. Have they done this before?
3. Oh such a nice kitty…. Uh…. No.
4. I’m hoping that this picture is not actually taken out in the wild. Maybe it was taken at a sporting goods store.
5. Not really sure what is trying to be accomplished here.
6. Really, dude!
7. Guess he has to figure out a way to get down now.
8. Just a reminder, if you’re going to bite a tiger’s tail, you’ve got to deal with the wrath of a tiger.
9. Yep, that’s good. Real steady!