Woman was shocked to see this at her house after a fire

A raging wildfire in Lake Lure, North Carolina forced residents to evacuate. Upon returning home, one resident noticed something that stood out — firefighters took it upon themselves to save her U.S. flag from burning down and securely placed it inside her front door. She wrote the following Facebook post in response, which has since gone viral.

Shannon Wilson‎

Hi my name is Shannon Wilson and I live in Lake Lure NC. I have been evacuated for 7 days and was finally able to come home today. When I got home I wasn’t expecting to see this. These amazing firefighters who have came from all over the world saved my house from the flames.

Doing so..they took my flag down and off the flag pole..rolled it up and put it in my glass door so it wouldn’t get burned by the fire. I just wanted to share this act of kindness with you. It made me have goosbumps the minute I realized what they did.

I thought it would be a great news piece to share with the world. Even in the toughest times WE still respect the flag and who fought for us to wave that flag. Thank you!


Shannon’s Facebook post resonated with many, as it was shared over 82,000 times in two days.

With all the chaos and rioting in the world, it’s a beautiful reminder that there are still many Americans that respect our flag and those who put their life on the line to protect it.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top