New dramatic mobile phone video has emerged of the horrifying moments when a gunman unleashed a hail of gunfire on a crowd enjoying a country music festival in Las Vegas, killing 59 and injuring more than 500 Sunday. (Oct. 3)
In the footage it sounds like multiple weapons being fired simultaneously from different directions, but at this time authorities have stated there was only one gunman. Only time will tell.
Lombardo told reporters that currently, authorities do not believe the shooting was an act of terror, though the investigation was still ongoing.
“We know absolutely nothing, this is just… we are dumbfounded,” Paddock told the Daily Mail. Speaking of what motivated the attack, Paddock reiterated, “We have absolutely no idea.”
Paddock said that he and his brother did not speak often, in part because they lived so far apart.
“He’s my brother, we don’t have a very close relationship but we talk occasionally,” he said. “There’s no rhyme or reason here, it makes no sense.”
As for his family, which includes his mother who lives nearby, Paddock said they were managing “OK” but struggling to understand what happened.
“Our family is OK, we’re sitting in here in our house hoping that everyone doesn’t attack us,” he said. “My mother is 90 years old, lives down the street from me, we’re just completely dumbfounded. You can imagine how this is affected her.”
Police say they no longer believe Danley is connected to the shooting.
“Our condolences go to the victims and all their families,” said Paddock.
The massacre took place at a Jason Aldeen concert in Vegas. The shooting is now considered the worst mass shooting incident to ever take place on American soil. Police are still trying to piece together the events and why Paddock decided to open fire on the crowd in the first place.
What do you think?